top of page


Updated: Jun 14, 2022

FS-545, also known as a Certificate of Birth abroad, is an essential vital record that can be used to prove the identity of US citizens born overseas. The Certificate of Birth can be used to obtain a passport, social security card, and other government benefits. The FS-545 is also an important document that can be used to establish citizenship for children of US citizens born abroad. US embassies and consulates overseas issue the FS-545 to parents of children born in that country. In order to obtain a Certificate of Birth, parents must submit a request to the embassy or consulate, along with the child's birth certificate and proof of the parent's US citizenship. The embassy or consulate will then issue the FS-545, which will be sent to the parent's address.

Related Posts

See All

Electronic Passport (ePassport)

An ePassport is an essential travel document that allows you to cross international borders quickly and easily. It contains an embedded electronic chip that stores your biometric information, such as


A visa is a document that allows a foreign national to enter, stay and leave a country. It is usually stamped or glued into the passport of the traveler. In most cases, visas are required for travel t


bottom of page