top of page

Form DS-5504

Updated: Jun 14, 2022

DS-5504 is a form used by the Department of State to request a name change on a passport. The form may be used if an individual has legally changed their name due to marriage, divorce, or court order, and they would like their passport to reflect their new name. The form must be completed in full and submitted along with supporting documentation, such as a certified copy of the marriage certificate or divorce decree. Once the form is processed, a new passport will be issued with the updated name. For individuals who are already in possession of a valid passport, they may also use the form to request a limited-validity passport with their new name. This can be useful for individuals who need to travel before they are able to obtain a full passport in their new name. Regardless of the reason for changing one's name, Form DS-5504 provides an easy way for U.S. citizens to update their passports and ensure that their travel documents accurately reflect their identity.

Related Posts

See All

Electronic Passport (ePassport)

An ePassport is an essential travel document that allows you to cross international borders quickly and easily. It contains an embedded electronic chip that stores your biometric information, such as


A visa is a document that allows a foreign national to enter, stay and leave a country. It is usually stamped or glued into the passport of the traveler. In most cases, visas are required for travel t

bottom of page